What is the Classical Jam?
Each August, the Florida Young Artists Orchestra kicks off the start of its’ new season with a special day known as the “Classical Jam”. This year’s Classical Jam will be held on Sunday, August 26 at Trinity Preparatory School. The Classical Jam consists of several important events, including rehearsals for our orchestras, a mini-concert by the Symphony, a parent meeting, and other housekeeping events. Parents and students (and their families) are invited. Here’s a sampling of what you can do (but if you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (407) 257-8886):
- Sinfonia, Philharmonic and Symphony orchestras will rehearse
- All students should come to hear the Symphony perform at the start of the Parent Meeting
- Students will receive an FYAO tee shirt, courtesy of our Classical Jam sponsor, Muni Strings!
- Pizza and drinks will be served after the Symphony performs
- Absolutely Fitting will be on site to measure FYAO members for concert wear
- Muni Strings will be on site with information about string instrument repair, rental, etc.
- Hear the Symphony perform
- Attend Parent Meeting to hear from the Artistic Staff about the upcoming season, hear important information from the FYAO President, Jim Philiben, and conduct an election of a new Vice President/President Elect. You will hear about important upcoming events.
- Sign up to become a FYAO volunteer. We are largely a volunteer organization that needs your help. No prior experience necessary!
- Confirm all contact information to make sure that the FYAO’s records are accurate
- Pay your tuition
- Meet your Board Members and ask about anything FYAO
The Classical Jam is an important event! Here is a schedule of events for the day:
|1:30 pm||Sinfonia rehearses in Strings Room (located just past the Trinity Auditorium entrances, on the left (note: rehearsal ends at 3:30 pm)|
|2:00 pm||In the auditorium lobby (from 2:00 pm until about 4:30 pm or as necessary):
|2:00 pm||Symphony rehearses on Trinity Auditorium stage (closed rehearsal – no admittance) Doors will be opened at about 2:45 pm for Mini-Concert NOTE TO SYMPHONY MEMBERS: The Symphony will have its first rehearsal the day before, on Saturday, August 25 starting at 1:00 pm at Trinity, in the rehearsal room. This Saturday rehearsal has been set to accommodate Dr. Gomez’ performance schedule in Brazil.|
|3:00 pm||Symphony Performs, then Parent Meeting begins (all students dismissed to enjoy pizza and drinks on patio in front of Auditorium)|
|4:00 pm||Parent Meeting ends/Philharmonic rehearses in large rehearsal room (behind Auditorium)|
|4:30 pm||Absolutely Fitting and Muni Strings close|
|5:45||Philharmonic Rehearsal ends – Close of Classical Jam|